Koloni has been making plenty of waves over the past 12 months. The introduction of new products, new partnership programs, and new integrations has made it a very exciting time at Koloni. The number of customers and doors deployed has ballooned during that time and allowing our customers to drive product has been exciting to watch unfold. 

What is behind this growth at Koloni? I spend some time reflecting on this question and many others. It all comes back to one key focus… Bringing companies together! The locker industry is very fragmented, to say the least. Parcel locker companies are in their group, storage locker companies are in their group, and so on. Even more fragmented is the software that powers this industry. Many companies that are hardware-centric teams built their own software to power their lockers. Many of these software solutions are built on outdated tech stacks, expensive to maintain, and provide limited functionality. 

Our approach at Koloni is simple. We are focused on being the fabric that brings together the industry by providing software solutions that can simplify and empower OEMs, resellers, and businesses globally. Defragmenting the smart locker industry and bringing pieces together will increase profitability by creating efficiencies and new opportunities in new industries. 

We are seeing early signs of this thesis playing out in real-time. A koloni customer has been selling parcel lockers to corporations for a number of years. They have done some IT solution lockers and attempted storage lockers, but it was really clunky. The difficulty for them to accommodate those different applications in their own software solution prohibited them from selling these solutions. Since this company partnered with Koloni, they have seen an average customer value increase of 45%. The integration with Koloni has also decreased their upfront costs for onboarding by minimizing training time with the customer while also reducing time for their installers. 

We believe lockers are only currently used for 10% of their potential. The other 90% needs to be extracted by creating new user experiences and letting those different user experiences play out at the same locker location. This philosophy holds true from small corporate locker deploys to public locker networks. A focus on maximizing utilization rates and traffic to the locker bank will create locker proliferation. This industry is old, but it hasn’t hit the scale many of us have expected. Fragmentation in the industry has minimized the potential globally. 

How do we stitch the industry together? The answer is in creating great software…

Brian Dewey